Lemon Buttermilk Pancakes - Cooking with Essential Oils

My family and I have always loved fluffy, fresh off the griddle home-made buttermilk pancakes. I usually keep at least a few vacuum sealed Mason jars of the dry ingredients pre-mixed so I can mix up a batch in a jiffy. (Okay, you guessed it: I am NOT so much a morning person!)

 
This morning I was glad I cooked up a pound of bacon and made a double batch - over 4 dozen - because I only had a few leftover. Speaking of bacon . .  can you EVER have enough? (And while we're on the topic of bacon I am sooooooo looking forward to making home made bacon as soon as the weather warms up enough for me to use the coal smoker that I bought, built and fell in love with last summer. And yes, I finally found a place that sells pork bellies and . .  and . . . but I digress!)

I have used essential oils for at least 5 or 6 years if not more. Recently a whole new world opened up to me when I was doing some research on homeopathic or natural treatments for all kinds of maladies. You might ask why am I bringing up essential oils when I am writing about my heavenly buttermilk pancakes. (And if not, you should be.) Okay, so back to the pancakes.

I learned there are many ways that essential oils can be used and one of them happens to be in cooking. So I made a test batch of Lemon Buttermilk Pancakes this evening and they were met with rave reviews by my two sons that tried them. I can't wait to learn more about cooking with essential oils and trying new recipes. So much fun and so yummy!

.
Please do your own research as there are many opinions on whether it is wise to cook with essential oils. You really only need a drop or two.

Tomorrow morning I plan on having lemon water that uses just a drop or two of the lemon essential oil. I will be sure to update you on what I find. Let me know if you would like the recipe for the pancakes!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Spring!

Dryer Balls - So Many Great Benefits!